ESPN's Bottom Line - Version 2.0

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Week 16 Predictions

I need to avenge myself after my atrocious Week 15 performance.. I got a little too cocky focusing on trying to nail a game to perfection.  I lost sight of my main focus; to pick the correct winner.  For that, I apologize.  Here goes nothing...

21 Atlanta at Detroit 17
Matty Ice get's no respect.  This win will clinch the #1 seed and home field throughout the playoffs.  Can't wait to watch Seattle at Atlanta in the divisonal round.  As for the Lions, the only interesting sub-plot is Calvin Johnson's attempt to break the single-season mark in receiving yards.  I hope he doesn't though because all of his yards come in garbage time when the Lions are down by double digits.  Not as impressive as you'd think.

17 New Orleans at Dallas 44
Romo will deliver a huge win for the Cowboys before he rips Cowboys' fans hearts out with a loss on the road in Washington D.C next week.  Romo: 24-32, 312 yds, 4 TD, 0 INT

29 Tennessee at Green Bay 31
Rodgers > Locker but I like the young Titans QB to give the Pack a run for their money.

20 Indianapolis at Kansas City 19
#ChuckStrong

23 Buffalo at Miami 13
This is a toss-up.  I'll pick the Bills.

31 San Diego at NY Jets 27
McElroy will be a big upgrade from Sanchez but the Jets' ineptitude will continue at home.  Jets are headin' for 6-10.

28 Washington at Philadelphia 21
the Skins' win the NFC East if they win their last 2 games.  RG3 is not going to screw that up against the 4 win Eagles.

23 Cincinnati at Pittsburgh 32
Roethlisberger's gonna get this last playoff spot.  When in doubt choose the Steelers to come up in the clutch.

 36 St. Louis at Tampa Bay 34
Sam Bradford puts on a SHOW in Tampa.

3 Oakland at Carolina 35
Cam Newton > Carson Palmer.  Blow-out.

52 New England at Jacksonville 20
The Pats need 94 (47 ppg) more points this year to reach the historic 600 pt plateau.  Thus, they will go all out against the Jags.  Expect a 21-0 Pats lead after the 1st.  New England gets within 42 points of the 600 mark in Jacksonville led by Brady and his 6 TD.

24 Minnesota at Houston 38
I really want Adrian Peterson to break the rushing record.  I say All Day goes for another 200 in Houston leading to 17 of the Vikes points.  No, I don't think Christian Ponder will get the other 7; I'm thinking a defensive score.  The Texans will score at will on the Vikes though getting their 13th win of the year.  Minnesota would fall to 8-7 and basically out of the playoff race.

17 Cleveland at Denver 30
Denver is so methodical and predictable; this would be such a typical score.  But I like Peyton to get the job done.  He always does.

24 Chicago at Arizona 6
Dennis Green flips out at the thought of "crowning" the Bears before the game is even played.  So I will say although I can not guarantee a Bears victory, I will be stunned if the Cards score more than 7.  Don't worry, Dennis, the Cards won't even have a 20-0 lead to lose.  I think Hester still haunts his dreams.

17 NY Giants at Baltimore 10
When their backs are against the wall, the Giants always prevail.  Easy pick.

10 San Francisco at Seattle 17
Many experts are predicting a high score for this affair.  Kaepernick has been electric and Russell Wilson has led the Seahawks to 50 plus points in two straight weeks.  But on Sunday Night, I expect this game to be similar to the last time these 2 squads played (SF won 13-6 at home).  In Seattle, I expect the Hawks to get it done in a low scoring, control the pace type of game.  Both defenses will be able to contain their opponents' elusive quarterback.  Seahawk fans can't wait for this one.  They're gonna get rowdy.

Last Week: 5-11
Season: 139-84-1

No comments:

Post a Comment