ESPN's Bottom Line - Version 2.0

Monday, October 15, 2012

Ni Hao

     I have decided to start a football blog because, simply put, I am obsessed with the NFL.  Every week I predict the scores of the games on my nifty yellow legal pad and keep track of how many games I get right and wrong.  After going 11-3 last week and correctly predicting the Colts, playing for their Leukemia stricken and much revered coach Chuck Pagano, to defeat Green Bay, I realized that my predictions needed to be given to the masses.  I also wanted a forum where I could give my thoughts on all things NFL (and fantasy of course).  Furthermore, my blog will serve to teach a limited amount of chinese (cantonese not mandarin for those who were wondering) to my audience as many of my college floormates hail from the land of the red, sesame chicken and mass-produced items.  I will be posting weekly predictions as well as random and sporadic lists and analysis on the league. 

I will be posting Week 7 predictions in the next couple of days as well as a comprehensive list of the top 32 NFL qb's ranked (with tiers)

To hold my readers over till then, I would like to share a concept I developed yesterday while watching the cowboys/ravens game (and I subsequently sent an email of my concept to the great Bill Simmons)

While watching the game I realized that when Tony Romo (unfortunately my starting fantasy QB) dropped back to pass, I was NOT rooting for him to complete a pass.  I did not hope for a TD.  I did not hope for a big gain to Dez Bryant (my usual flex starter).  I did not hope for anything positive.  In fact, I found myself hoping he would NOT throw an interception.  I just didn't want him to screw up and lose me points.  This is a new level in fantasy lowness and I have dubbed it the
Romo Zone of fantasy lowness.  Here are the parameters
1) he has to be playing absolutely dreadful (Romo was 28th in fantasy points among QB)
2) you have to be too afraid to bench him (because of his past success in fantasy, I was nervous that if I bench him he will return to form)
3) you have to root for him NOT to screw up rather than to succeed (caught myself doing this numerous times including a drop back on 3rd and goal)

Thank God I have Arian Foster... (and Roddy White... and AJ Green)

Chinese word of the day: Ni Hao definition: Hello
source: Kimi Shi (https://www.facebook.com/yuxian.shi.3?fref=ts)

No comments:

Post a Comment