ESPN's Bottom Line - Version 2.0

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Superbaughl

Superbowl Sunday.  One of the best days of the year, definitely the #1 Sunday of the Year... Just in case you've been living under a rock for the past few months...

is today the super bowl?

Prediction:

Before the season, I predicted the Ravens to beat the Pats on the road in the AFC Championship game (nailed it) and the Falcons to lose at home in the NFC Championship game (nailed it).  I may, or may not, have had the Lions (gulp) beating Atlanta though and not Jim Harbaugh's ferocious niners.  Hey, 3/4 teams ain't too shabby, eh?

For my pre-season Superbowl Prediction, I had the Baltimore Ravens defeating the Detroit Lions.  As I sit here today, I will not flip-flop, Baltimore Ravens over the San Francisco 49ers is my pick.  Let's get it Ravens.

Baltimore 10 San Francisco 6

Stats:

Ravens Stats

BAL Flacco: 18-25, 222 yds, TD, INT
BAL Rice: 20 carries, 69 yds
BAL Pierce: 7 carries, 34 yds
BAL Ray Lewis: 42 total tackles, 41 solo, 1 combo, 3 in-game deer antler injections, 7 pre-snap hallelujah's, 28.5 post-game God references, and 1 untimely ascendence into heaven
BAL Ed Reed: great safety play, 3 shots of him looking homeless, 1 half-hearted "Ed Reed, Da U," 1 surprising retirement announcement (sad, but that's what I'm calling)
BAL Bernard Pollard: 4 knock-out shots, 2 emergency room shots, 1 attempted ACL tear, 1 ironic rant about how he thinks football is too violent
BAL Suggs: 2 sacks, 1 BSHU reference, .5 smiles
BAL Michael Oher: 0 blind-side blocks, 2 p-cakes, 1 p-cake on previous Ole-Miss teammate Patrick Willis

49ers Stats

SF Kaepernick: 21-38, 250 yds, INT, fumble, 5 carries, 32 yds
SF Gore: 26 carries, 117 yds
SF Crabtree: 7 rec, 92 yds, fumble
SF Akers 2-3 FG (make 31, 38) (missed 51)
SF Patrick Willis: 10 tackles, 9 camera shots of his biceps which make me feel bad about myself
SF Navarro Bowman: 9 tackles, 1 MMA style locker-room fight with Willis over who is the better LB
SF Smith brothers: 2 combined sacks, 1 decoy, 2 MIZZOU alumni
SF Randy Moss: 3 irrational, cocky and untrue declarations, 1 catch, 26 yds, 4 quarters used as a decoy

Prop Bets

Coin Toss: Heads (toss-up)
National Anthem: Under 2 min, 5 sec (this line is too high)
Color of Championship Gatorade: Orange (seems to be the most common color)
How many times it will be referred to as the HarBowl: Under 2.5 (too played out)
Will Beyonce have straight or Curly Hair: Straight (easy call)
Who MVP will thank first: Coach (Flacco ain't thanking God first like Ray will)
How long coaches handshake will be: Over 7.5 seconds (I'm going with the prolonged hug)
Amount of times Dad Harbaugh is show: Over 2.5 times (this guy is always killin' it)

For more analysis on these prop bets check barstool

By the way, my Chinese floormate just asked me to take a picture holding up a sign with two green Chinese characters on it... I asked him what it said and why.  He told me not to worry and that he just needs to send it to a friend...

Is it bad that I was skeptical because I didn't want to end up as the face of a fake online Chinese Athlete's lover?

Enjoy the game

No comments:

Post a Comment